The McKnight Group is a leading design/build firm located in central Ohio, specializing in churches and related facilities.
The Project Coordinator’s responsibility begins by working with the Project Architect during the development of the Construction Documents. Responsible to oversee the construction of the building, including but not limited to:
- The complete bidding, quoting, and financial oversight of the project
- Writing subcontracts and purchase orders
- Partnering with the Project Superintendent in managing all aspects of construction including subcontract and owner coordination
- Providing Customer Service items to the client after occupancy
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with The McKnight Group Representative during the Construction Document phase to develop the construction documents.
- Coordinate with the Civil Engineer and obtain site and utility information as required.
- Develops, oversees, and implements the bid phase of the project including subcontractor and supplier prequalification and selection, development of scope of work, and compiling of a complete construction cost and proposal.
- Writes and maintains subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Maintains a cost reporting workbook keeping it accurate to current costs and projections.
- Prepares monthly Applications for Payment and submits to the Accounting Department.
- Develops and maintains a Project Construction Schedule coordinating the same with the Project Superintendent, Client, and subcontractors and suppliers.
- Oversees material submittals and shop drawings to assure products are available to meet the requirements of the Construction Schedule.
- Coordinate exterior and interior color selections with the Interior Designer, client, and subcontractors and suppliers.
- Coordinate daily with the MDC Project Superintendent on all phases of the construction process.
- Organize and lead owner and subcontractor progress meetings.
- Coordinate receivables with the Accounting Department.
- Oversee project close-out procedures and documents including a Quality Assurance Walkthrough with the Owner. Assure that Punch List items are completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct a walk through with the Owner one year after job completion.
- Promote and support the Company’s Accident Prevention and Safety and Health Programs and Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Business Ethics and Conduct Policy
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) year degree in Civil, Mechanical or Construction Technology or the equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum (5) years experience in Construction Management or Field Supervision.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and related Microsoft Office software systems.
- Must be familiar with conventional construction drawings.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Must be able to tactfully deal with diverse groups of people including professionals, trade workers, contractors, and church leaders.
- Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Must maintain proper vehicle liability insurance. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
- Must be able to travel by the most cost-effective means of transportation throughout the United States.
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time