Under general supervision, the Project Superintendent is responsible for the on-site management of assigned projects through the direction and coordination of the efforts of field labor, trade contractors and venders to ensure that the project is successfully completed within established budget, in the time frame allowed and with the quality standards and customer satisfaction desired.
- Assist in developing, overseeing, and implementing the bid phase of projects including subcontractor and supplier prequalification and selection, development of scope of work, and compiling of a complete Part III cost and proposal.
- Supervise the work of employees who may be assigned to work on project such as Assistant Superintendents and casual labor.
- Manage the construction schedule by scheduling the necessary subcontractors in the time frame they are needed and ensure that they stay on schedule to complete their phase of the project on time with the quality of work up to MDC standard.
- Maintain a record of all daily activities on the designated Company record keeping documents.
- Maintains a cost reporting workbook keeping it accurate to current costs and projections.
- Develops and maintains a Project Construction Schedule coordinating the same with the Client, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Reviews submittals and field checks dimensions.
- Foresee potential problem areas and develop methods to solve problem situations.
- Insure that the proper materials are delivered to the job site in a timely manner and that the quantity and quality of all materials are what is required for the job
- Arrange for the rental of necessary equipment and assure the most efficient use of such equipment. See that equipment is delivered/picked up in time and returned promptly when no longer needed.
- Insure that the job site including the job trailer is clean and orderly and manage the subcontractors to insure that they maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- Develop ideas for tool tips which will benefit safer and more efficient construction.
- Perform physical labor when necessary to assure timely completion of a project.
- Attend and participate in company superintendent’s meetings.
- Promote and support the Company’s Accident Prevention and Safety and Health Programs and Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Business Ethics and Conduct Policy
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of Construction Management education or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of construction management experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising other employees.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time at remote construction project sites (*) throughout the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to various work sites.
- Must be familiar with conventional construction drawings.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and related Microsoft Office software systems.
- Must be physically able to assist our employees and subcontractors’ employees with some amount of lifting, pushing and pulling (up to 90 pounds).
- Must be able to effectively supervise the work of other employees
- Must be able to coordinate the work of other contractors and sub contractors
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and (*) maintain proper vehicle liability insurance. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time